10/23/2012

Hong Kong (3 of 3 parts)

Day 3 in Hong Kong was a day dedicated to food and shopping! Our day started early at 9am and ended at 12am!! Yes, poor feet..my feet felt very numb at the end of the trip and my (big) toes were bruised because of the extreme walking. I will have to wait for months for it grow out...Moving on, here is a walk through of our day.  


Breakfast at this Chinese place that my cousin chose somewhere at Causeway Bay. I have no idea what the name of the restaurant is but the food was not spectacular.  


Each of us had fish congee.


First dibs on the iPhone5!! Kidding! This was a sample handset at one of the telecom stores. They did not sell handsets alone but bundled plans.  


We grabbed some puddings from Milk Top Pudding, located at the basement level (grocery area) of Sogo in Causeway Bay.  From L-R, Milk Tea Pudding, Cookies and Cream and Original Milk Pudding. I ordered the Milk Tea Pudding, it was smooth and tasted just like milk tea, not too sweet. I loved the bottle so much that I even brought it home with me. I might make a DIY out of it but I am not so sure what exactly yet.


Lunch at the famous Macau Restaurant located at Lock Road, TsimSha Tsui.



Portuguese Egg Tarts! I wish I could have bought more but I did not want to carry it with me the entire day. It may have crumbled with all the walking we did that day. 


Pork chop buns! Another specialty of the restaurant. I've seen this featured on TV and I was so happy to finally try it! I thought it would have tasted dry but it didn't! The bun and pork chop was crunchy and tasty.   


Fried Pigeon. Whenever we eat at Chinese restaurants with the lazy susans, I always dig in when pigeons are served, so I was really excited to try this. The photo above is already 2 orders of pigeon, the serving is small but I think that's what makes it good. I could easily eat the entire plate, with the lemon and salt sprinkled all over..*drools*. An order of pigeon costs about HKD35.


We walked and shopped around Tsim Sha Tsui after lunch. I have to say, there's soo many clothing shops! Not the luxury shops but the side with smaller clothing stores, where Cotton-On is located. Cotton-On was HUGE! About 4 floors I think. Cotton-On recently opened here in Manila and its so much smaller when compared to HK. Plus, the items for sale in HK are actually the regular priced items in Manila! That is how behind the items are. Right beside Cotton-On is an alley filled with food stalls. I chose the stall with a long line, selling spicy fishballs for only HKD10. Tip to travelers, go with the flow, try out food stalls/stores with the longest line. It usually means its one of the best locally.     


8 pieces of fishballs swimming in Chili sauce (oil) topped with chilli powder. EXTREMELY SPICY 辛辣 !!! I love spicy food but even I found this extremely spicy..still happy though and I am glad my stomach handled it well since dinner has yet to be served.


We decided to have dinner at Wah Kee Snacks, a food stall located at Hart Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui. Since there was no tables, we ordered for take out and brought it back to the hostel. 


Tons of street food to choose from! This was one of my favorite moments! It feels so cultural :) 


 The old man starting to cook our orders. Of course, we had to have it with curry sauce :)


Dinner is served! Hotdogs, chicken wings, fish balls, beef balls, chicken balls and barbecue!!!


Maxibon for dessert, purchased from Wellcome supermarket located right below our hostel. I wished they brought Maxibon back in Manila. We had this a long time ago but instead of the cookie sandwich part, it was a chocolate sandwich. 

Phew! Only a few shots were taken the next day when we departed, so my Hong Kong travel post ends here.  I hope I have inspired some one to visit any of the places posted. For the next post, I will feature some of the items that I purchased, so stay tuned :)  


0 comments:

Post a Comment